The Master of Divinity degree in Pastoral Ministry is targeted to the professional chaplain, spiritual director, spiritual care provider, thanatologist, and other professionals who want to utilize worship, ritual, liturgy, preaching, and theological reflection to assist in their ministry. Often, they are interfaith leaders and would like to perform weddings and funerals to facilitate healing for a broad clientele. We offer this degree to assist in this process.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- The current state of knowledge within professional divinity, including philosophy, principles, and legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Various settings in which faith leaders and pastoral ministers practice the unique needs found in those settings.
- Introductory use and application of research methods.
- Strategies to advocate for the role of faith leaders and pastoral ministers.
- The design and implementation of programs and practices to facilitate integrated pastoral care to support clients, organizations, and communities.
- Communication and networking for personal and professional growth, collaboration, leadership, and change management.
Master of Theology in Pastoral Ministry (M.DIV) – 45 Credits